Monday, January 05, 2009

The best and worst of 2008

It's time for the highlights of 2008 post, and playing catch up for neglecting my blog over the holidays, so here we go! Probably the coolest thing that happened was that I got to returned to Paris for the first time since my mission! The reason for the return was because my fabulous friend Claire was married in April. Paris in springtime is everything wonderful you've heard people talk about and more. Really, it's the perfect time to go. It was an amazing yet sureal experience and I wish I'd gone back sooner. I kept feeling like I should stop people on the street and talk to them....once a missionary I guess. I went to Disneyland Paris, walked the bank of the Seine to Notre Dame Cathedral (the pink tree has the side of Notre Dame in the background), saw the Lion King and ate my fill of cheese and pasteries. Delicious! I can't wait to go back! I went camping with my family and great friend Kim at Bear Lake, which was a blast! If you go up you have to eat at Bear Lake Pizza, it's awesome! Camped at up at the Spruces a couple times and went to Girls Camp with MY GIRLS at Palasades State Park outside of Manti. I love camping and am already planning this years adventures. FrySauce turned 5 and I turned 33...yes I remember his birthday(refer to title of blog)! I lost some weight and gained some....not a highlight. Ran my first 5K! Made some wonderful new friends and got reaquanted with some very dear old ones. Here are Me, Heather, Sara, Angie and Keelie, some of my girls from the old neighborhood. It was so fun to see them. My family ended the year with Christmas down in Phoenix. We had a great time together and can't wait for next year. Joey and Teri are expecting a new little Leffler in August so Christmas of '09 will be that little one's first. Can't miss that! Over all 2008 was a fantastic year but there was a very sad event that happend this year. March was a very hard month because that was the month we lost my sweet little Grandma. She was my last living grandparent, my mom's mom, and I still miss her. She was the funniest little old lady you would have ever met. She was 94, had an infectous laugh and could kick your butt playing boardgames without even trying. She gave my sister and me the worst perms known to man when we were little kids and she always had homemade cookies in the freezer she'd take out when you'd come to visit. She LOVED clothes and getting her hair done and wouldn't leave the house without lipstick on. She made friends with everyone she met and never liked to see anyone sad. Her chicken noodle soup and icebox cake were the best in the world and she was always proud to tell everyone around that you were her grandchild. She was one of the greatest blessings I've had in my life and I'll always be greatful that I was her grandaughter. We love and miss you Grandma but know we'll see you again.

8 comments:

Jillene said...

I am SOOOOOOOO jealous that you went to Paris!! It is my dream to go there. Maybe when I die Heavenly Father will be gracious enough to let me see it on my way to the Spirit world!!

Cassie said...

Great tribute to your grandma.

Jillene said...

I just gave you an award!! Check out my blog!!

Annette Anthony said...

Zandy....It has been a great year for you...So many UPS and DOWNS and i am not talking about your weight, which by the way..YOU didn't loose some weight...75 lbs aor more is not some weight! And gaining three or four over theHolidays is not gaining... Everyone does it, Plus you were right back in the gym today girl!!! I am so sorry about your beautiful and clever grandma passing. Now I know where you get it from! You are awesome..MAY this year bring you all the sucess and happiness you have waiting for you!

Greg and/or Angie said...

Zandy, we need to get together again and you need to tell more about your life. Especially the parts from about 1987-2008. How sad that I don't know much about you. You're honestly one of my favorite people and I have so many good memories from our younger days. We were talking about the next get together being in February, right? I hope Annette can be there too-sounds like you guys have a blast together. Paris looked beautiful! Angie

Saralin said...

What a great year! The pictures from Paris are beautiful. Bear Lake raspberries are the best. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother, she sounds like an incredible woman. Hope this new year is spectacular.

Alexandria said...

Thank you all for your comments and I wish you all a wonderful new year!

I'm totally starting to plan the next girls get together, Barry Switzer excluded. :)

heather n said...

How wonderful that you were able to get back to Paris. One day I will go somewhere exotic/romantic. Sorry to hear about your Grandma.

BTW - I click on the pics to enlarge them to see them better, and the one eating pizza at Bear Lake, the card in the center of the table says Nude Beach - was that the next adventure your just not saying? :)