Tuesday, June 09, 2009

First Saturday hike and pictures from our Cake Auction Girls Camp Fundraiser

Early Saturday morning, while everyone else was sleeping, 4 crazy ladies woke up at 5:30 to head out on our first Saturday hike of the summer! We chose Little Cottonwood Trail for our first outing because it wasn't too hard or steep and we needed something to build our confidence if we were to tackle something harder next time. It was beautiful!!!!! The creek was super swollen from the snow melt and rushed by like crazy. The trail kind of follows the creek up the mountain until you reach the old quarry where they cut granite for building stuff. Don't know what stuff but it was cool to see the old ruin. We laughed and talked and sang while we walked up the trail. It was one of the best times ever! I can't wait for the next one! Love ya Annette, Judy and Tracy! Thursday night before the hike we had a fundraiser for our ward's girls camp. We had taco salads with fresh hot delicious scones and honey butter. We also had people make cakes or cookies to donate to be auctioned off at the end of the dinner. They were so cute! I made the campfire cake and was pretty surprised how cute it turned out, if I can brag about myself for a second. :) Annette made the absolutely scrumptious looking strawberry and chocolate tower cake! I just wanted to shove that whole thing in my mouth!!! It looked so good!!!! One of our girls made the picnic table cake, which was adorable! There were tons of other cakes but I thought I'd just put up a couple of them. I think we did pretty good money wise and hopefully we'll be able to put on a really fun camp for the girls now!

3 comments:

Jillene said...

The cakes are GORGEOUS!! And it looks like you had a great time on the hike!!

heather n said...

Beautiful cakes! It makes my mouth water just looking at them. I bet they were delicious. I need you guys to teach me to make such decorative cakes!

Saralin said...

Glad you had such a good time on your hike. Where are you going next? The cakes look almost too good to eat.