Monday, April 06, 2009

Little tidbits from the last couple of weeks.

I feel like so much has been going on that I haven't been able to catch up on all the fun stuff. So here's a little review of what the last few weeks has been. I've been writing like a crazy women for my Psych class but I'm almost done with that class so there is an end in sight for that madness. My final is on my birthday. It will be a very happy birthday as far as I'm concerned, because I'll never have to take that class again! Hallelujah! The young women in my ward are just adorable and I got to take two of them down to watch the Young Women's session at the Conference Center. We had great seats and loved being able to listen to the leaders of the church. It was so touching to stand in that amazing building and listen to 16 thousand beautiful young women sing the closing song with all their hearts. I can't even remember what the song was but I can remember the feeling it gave me. Just another witness to me that the church is true. We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives. Just yesterday between the two conference sessions I got to meet up with a companion from my mission at the conference center. Soeur Summer Leavitt is now Summer Miller. She's married to a wonderful guy and has a little boy named Cole, who is adorable. It was so fun to see her! She was my very last companion on my mission and one of my favorites of all time! Having her as my companion after having had a few hard companionship's was a blessing in itself. The last months of my mission were perfect and I have her to thank for a lot of that. She was a hard worker, close to her Heavenly Father and gave her whole heart to being a missionary. It was so fun to see her again and talk about the old days.

3 comments:

Saralin said...

I'm sorry you have to take a final on your birthday. Call me if you want to go out and celebrate. Sounds like you had a great conference weekend.

Cassie said...

Zandy- what a good YW leader you are!

Rachel said...

Zandy! How's my favorite assistant! This is great, now I can stalk you at church & online! I love it!