Monday, March 23, 2009

All I want for Easter are my two front teeth!

One of my favorite things to do as a kid was jumping on my bed, or the couch or the love seat... pretty much anything bouncy. That is until my parents gave in and bought us a trampoline. Well apparently the need to jump on anything and everything around is hereditary because it has become one of the preferred activities of my little nieces in Arizona. I must have had real superpowers because I was never injured during this jumping phase despite taking a few tumbles off the tramp. Unfortunately my niece Aspen hasn't had as good of luck as I did. A week or so ago she and her sister were jumping on one of their bed's when she somehow flew into the dresser and tried to take a bite out if it. The dresser won and Aspen is short two front teeth. Her parents rushed her to the ER and they were able to push her teeth back in but they never reattached so her dentist had to pull them the other day. She was a real trooper about it all and still looks as adorable as ever. Poor little thing! I hope the tooth fairy was extra nice to her.

4 comments:

Jillene said...

Poor thing--but the toothless grin is adorable!!

Greg and/or Angie said...

Hey! I seem to remember you falling into that big green metal box at the church. Didn't that do some damage? My teeth hurt just thinking about it. Angie

Saralin said...

Love the toothless grin. I hope her tooth fairy is more reliable than ours.

Alexandria said...

Thanks Jillene!

Ang - Yes! I took a bite out of the green power box over at the church when I was eight! Smashed up three front teeth. That whole talking and walking thing is more difficult than it looks. :) I can't believe you remember that!

Sara - Just give your kids 20 bucks one day and call it good. I'm sure they'd be thrilled.