Monday, February 02, 2009

Fast and Furious weekend!

This weekend I got to have a small taste of what it would be like to have three adorable girls for children. It was my friend Annette's 10 wedding anniversary and they asked if I'd watch their little munchkins while they celebrated with a short weekend getaway to Midway. They were dropped off Friday afternoon and picked up on Sunday before church. The two older one's started off making signs for their new bedroom doors so they didn't get lost, while the littlest one proved to me how un-kid friendly my house is. She found the litter box for my cat, jewelry box on the little dresser in my room and the poisonous poinsettia plant(Annette had to tell me about that one, who knew?) that was still hanging on from Christmas. You never think about the things on the shelf that are at eye level with a 1 1/2 yr old until they start pulling them down. :) Good learning lessons for later in life, I guess. Here they are decorating sugar cookies we made. They were delicious and beautifully frosted if we don't say so ourselves. We used football themed cookie cutters in honor of the Super Bowl on Sunday but when we tried to frost the football player cookies his arms or legs would ultimately break off before we finished with it, so all the football player cookies ended up getting eaten as we were frosting...couldn't have happened better if I'd planned it that way. :) We went over to the discovery zone at the Fitness Center on Saturday and the girls had a blast running around, climbing ladders and going down slides while me and the littlest one built an awesome Lego castle. I love Lego's. We made a quick run to the store for some more Mac and Cheese and watched some fun Disney shows. The girls loved playing downstairs. There's a plastic toddler slide and a bunch of pillows and some stuffed animals down there along with a very under utilized plastic exercise ball that's great for bouncing on. I'd forgotten how when your little you'd just make up your own games to play with your siblings or friends and it would keep you occupied for hours! They were such creative girls and we had so much fun just playing tag or one of their made up games. We'd watch a movie before bedtime to help us wind down and we'd all just pile on the couch with a blanket and enjoy the show. It was a great weekend. I'd watch them again in a second! The Super Bowl was a little upsetting....poor Cards! They almost pulled it off but it just want meant to be. Oh well, there's always next year!

6 comments:

Jillene said...

That is so nice that you took their kids!! I am glad that you all had a good time!!

Saralin said...

I wonder who had more fun, you or the girls. You're awesome!

Greg and/or Angie said...

What a good friend! Angie

Mountain Skeen (Hey, it's me, Judy) said...

Hey cutie pie, I miss you! You are so nice! You are such a good time.

heather n said...

How fun to get to spend time with Annette's girls. Sounds like you a a blast!

Annette Anthony said...

Thank you again for doing that. I am so glad you had enough fun to post about it! That makes me smile. I knew they would be safe and happy with you. Don't worry about the poinsettia. You would have figured out that they were dangerous after the baby ate some. Just kidding!