Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Don't worry, it's just chocolate.....or is it?

Friday's are one of my favorite days, one, because I don't have to go to work and, two, because it's Dance Dance Revolution day at Annette's house after we go to the gym. It's our little reward for going to the gym all week and heck, we just really like to play DDR! So last Friday, after DDR, Annette and I were sitting talking, while her cute little kids were running around when all of the sudden Annette notices a blob of brown stuff on the computer desk. It looked pretty suspiciously like poop to me so I wasn't going anywhere near it.
Good ol' Net is a lot tougher then me, because she swipes it off the desk with her finger, smells it and says, "Oh good, it's only chocolate." Now not being a mother myself, I'm not quite used to having to tell the difference between chocolate and poop but one thing is for sure. You couldn't pay me $1000 to stick my finger in a brown blob of something that looks like poop and then smell it. I was torn between laughing my head off and dry heaving! Annette, you are the WOMAN!!! All I know is that if mother's actually received a salary for taking care of kids you deserve HAZMAT pay or at least a HUGE bonus for going above and beyond the call of duty....or should I say doodie! Hee Hee! Tell the "Burly Man" you need a raise!

5 comments:

Jillene said...

HAHAHAHA!! That is so funny!! When you are a mom things change--DRASTICALLY!! I have been known to wipe snot on my sock or the inside of my pant leg, I have stuck a binki in my mouth after it was dropped on a dirty floor so I could plug in back into a child's mouth, I have dipped my fingers into several mysterious things to figure out what they are and I have drank out of my cup after a child has backwashed into it. The things we do when we become mothers!! (0:

Heather said...

Yes the wonderful things that mothers do! Before kids, I was EXACTLY the same way. I was going to have a maid come in and change may kids diapers, wipe snot off their faces and every other nasty, gross thing that we mothers have to do. I draw the line with vomit. I will make Erik do that one or there will be twice as much to clean up.

GOTTA LOVE IT!!

Alexandria said...

I tell you, all mothers deserve the purple heart for the crazy things you have to do! Snot on your socks and pants...eewwww! Hopefully it get's easier with time!

Heather - I'm totally in agreement with you on the vomit issue! I'll have to make sure any future hubby is in agreement with the vomit cleanup before I ever say "I DO!" :)

Viva Las Vegas said...

LOL that is so funny, I love Annette, she is so sweet. She told me about your work outs. I wish I new someone to do that with, but I am just going to go get the Total Workout DVD and do it in my home.. You have a great blog, I will be peeking more often if that is OK..

Alexandria said...

Please feel free to peek in anytime you'd like! Yeah, working out is a lot easier when you have someone doing it with you. We could be your cyber workout buddies if you'd like.