Thursday, August 06, 2009

Coming up for a breather!

Wow, has this summer been busy! I feel like I've been going non stop since it began. Here are just a few more things that have happened this summer. I went to girls camp and was the assistant camp director to my fabulous camp director Rachel and we had a great time. Annette was the Stake Camp Director and she put together tons of fun activities! The crappy part is that I misplaced my camera after the hike so I only got pictures of the ski lodge at Snow Basin where we did our hike then nothing else. But this ski lodge is something else! It really didn't look like that impressive from the outside but the inside knocked my socks off! It was like a castle inside, with huge dining rooms with long tables and chandeliers. Enormous fireplaces and stuffed animals on the walls! It honestly was breathtaking. I will stay there before I die!!!! I will, I will, I will! But girls camp was really fun, harder than I had expected but still really fun. The best part was floating down the stream that ran right through our camp. That was a great day. After getting home and unpacking I felt like sleeping for a week and the next Sunday Rachel and I got to speak in Sacrament Meeting about all the fun we had. It was kind of funny because we both spoke, then all the young women came up on the stand and we sang the song we learned for camp and then I taught the lesson for young women's. I'm sure they were all pretty sick of me after that was all over. I was supposed to run a 10K on the 24th of July but didn't get to because I didn't get my race packet the day before the race. They didn't have packet pickup the morning of the race so I was out of luck. Actually it was probably a blessing in disguise because it probably would have killed me off. I really need to get in shape! But anyway, I was happy to settle on watching the parade later that morning. The parade was great and we got to see President Eyring , he was in the parade, and President Ukdorf, who was just sitting in the stand in front of us! We had a great time. We followed the parade up with our weird tradition of going to Crown Burger to get a burger, frys and the most delicious FrySauce you've ever eaten! Weird tradition, yes, but we love it, so take that. :) On the 25th of July we went to the Beez baseball game to watch my brother in law through out the first pitch of the game! It was awesome and, unlike the wimpy through of President Obama, Israel's pitch went all the way to home base. He did a great job! My big brother Jason came down for the 24th festivities and on the 28th was Stake Lagoon day, and since Jason hadn't been for over 20 years, we decided he was way past due! Jason dropped me off at work that day and came and picked me up at noon to head on over. We made the HUGE mistake of eating lunch right before going on the rides and ended up getting sick after the third ride we went on! We're pretty pathetic now with being able to ride the crazy rides. Sheeze, I used to love going on all the rides that flipped you around and spun you in circles, but now being older my head and stomach aren't quite up to the challenge. It stinks, but oh well, the train was fun. :) We really did have a fun time. We went on the Tidal Wave twice and scram our heads off, and went on the swings. There were tons of cute little kid rides that I hadn't seen before so hopefully when Joey, Teri and the kids come up in the next few years we can all go and have fun. The next day, my sister and her family along with Jason all went up to camp at the Spruces in big cottonwood canyon and did some fishing. I went up after work on Thursday and spent the night. The next morning we woke up early, ate a delicious breakfast of french toast and bacon, then went on a hike to Twin Lakes Reservoir. It was a pretty steep hike but the like was worth it! So beautiful and crystal clear. Jason and Chloe brought their fishing polls and they each caught a fish. They were very tiny fishiesthat they let go but it was still really fun catching them. This was Chloe's first time catching a fish and she was really excited. We rounded out this last few weeks of adventure with a birthday party for Chloe's 14th birthday on Saturday(her birthday is in May but she wanted a pool party so she waited until it was warmer) and another party for my mom's 65th birthday on Monday. My mom's so excited that she's old enough now to receive Medicare! You go Mom! My parents left this morning to spend a few weeks in Phoenix. My sister in law is due any day now with her third little girl. They are naming her Marlowe Mae and I just know she is going to be adorable! I can't wait until she gets here! I need to go shopping! :) Well that's what's been happening for the past few weeks. I'm tired just thinking about it. :) Next weekend is Bear Lake with school starting sometime around then. Then its the ward camp out, Isreal's birthday and the beginning of BYU's foot ball season! Go Coogs!

3 comments:

Saralin said...

Wow you have been busy!!! Hope you found your camera. I think our next get together should be at that ski lodge.

Mountain Skeen (Hey, it's me, Judy) said...

I've been trying to answer you on face book but it always kicks me out! See...I told you technology is not my friend! I need another hike! I did go hiking around Cascade Lake.

Cassie said...

How in the world is that gorgeous ski lodge associated girls camp.
WHERE ARE THE TENTS I HAD TO STAY IN?
There is no justice in the world.