Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Clean as a Whistle!

This post may be TMI for some people but I'm just so proud of my dad that I couldn't resist posting it. My dad made an appointment for a colonoscopy a month or so ago and that blessed day finally arrived bright and early Tuesday morning. My Mom said that he has kinda been looking forward to this event, oddly enough, but only in a "I'm a man, I can totally handle this" kind of way. I can actually picture him kind of jogging in place, doing some boxing punches and stretching to loosen up before going into the exam room. Maybe even throwing a "Let's do this" out while walking through the door. He cracks me up. He told my Mom that he was just going to drive himself home afterwards so she didn't have to go if she didn't want to. Yeah, right. Short story, my mom went and drove home, silly Dad, but he did have a clean bill of health! To hear him tell it, the Dr stated that he'd never seen such a fine specimen of colon as my Dads'. :) Way to go Dad! My Dad has been a big fan of fiber since I can remember and it looks like fiber has been good to him over the years! Hopefully they'll send him a picture of his clean colon that he can frame and hang on the wall. Hum...maybe I've just found the perfect Father's Day present! Awesome!

1 comment:

Annette Anthony said...

Zand, you are hilarious! That was the best post ever. I also imagined him in a sort of comedy sketch punching the air and stretching his neck back and forth!
On another note..I so dogged you this morning! I had everything ready to go. Then I cleaned up the family room and the kitchen and craweld into bed. I woke up at 6am to birds chirping. Seriously didn't even set the alarm! Didn't even cross my mind, the burly man always did that!